The results are in on New Colgate Total®


Thanks to the 347 dentists and 483 patients who took part in the New Colgate Total® Experience Programme for sharing their feedback after using New Colgate Total® toothpaste twice daily for 4 weeks.(1) Yours and your patients’ feedback has been collated and can now be shared, providing you with the confidence to use and recommend a product that is supported by the dental community and patients across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

UK consumers are proactively seeking products to improve their health, with 3 out of 4 patients who took part claiming that it is important to receive a recommendation for an everyday toothpaste from their dentist. (1) This megatrend of being more actively involved in their overall health, personal care routine and staying fit also includes expecting more from their health care providers in understanding what is best for their whole mouth health. (2,3)

The results of the New Colgate Total® Experience Programme are compelling with:

  • 9 out of 10 dentists saying New Colgate Total® best meets their needs for an everyday prevention toothpaste (1)
  • 89% of dentists likely to recommend New Colgate Total® toothpaste (1) 
  • 94% of dentists believing anti-bacterial protection of teeth, tongue, cheeks and gums is important when using an everyday prevention toothpaste

75% of respondents said New Colgate Total® provides them with a positive brushing experience, and when comparing with their previously used everyday toothpaste they commented:

‘Fresher taste, teeth feel cleaner, gums are healthier’

‘It gives a better cleaning feel and my mouth stays fresher for longer’

‘Prefer the taste and whole mouth feels cleaner’ (1)

New Colgate Total® – the next generation of prevention is here!

With an ordinary fluoride toothpaste* only protecting 20% of the mouth surfaces (teeth), what of the remaining 80% – the soft tissues, tongue, cheeks and gums? New Colgate Total® with its next generation technology proactively works with the biology and chemistry of the mouth to protect 100% of mouth surfaces for 12 hours after brushing. (4,**)

New Colgate Total® with Dual-Zinc plus Arginine delivers comprehensive benefits for the whole mouth: (4, **)
  • Reduces plaque
  • Helps prevent gum problems
  • Prevents tartar
  • Cares for sensitive teeth
  • Removes stains
  • Freshens breath
  • Fights cavities
  • Protects enamel

Support your patients’ need to proactively look after their mouth by recommending New Colgate Total® as their everyday toothpaste for whole mouth health. Experience New Colgate Total for yourself at the BDIA Dental Showcase on October 17-19, 2019.